Sunday, September 27, 2009

THE WAY WE SEE IT FOR LIFE

Genuine crocodile hide on display - “Among Life's precious jewels, Genuine and rare, The one that we call friendship Has worth beyond compare.”

The eye doctor instructed her patient to read a chart on the wall. He looked at it and read, "A, B, F, N, L and G."

The doctor turned the light back on and wrote in her notebook.

"How'd I do, Doc?" the patient wondered.

She replied, "Let's put it this way -- they're numbers."

"But Doc," he argued, "this is the way I see it!"

Much of our happiness or unhappiness is a result of our perception. "This is the way I see it," we say, at least to ourselves.

A problem can be a challenge that energizes me to action or an obstacle that stops further progress. "This is the way I see it."

A new situation can be fearful or fun. "This is the way I see it."

A busy day can be cause for gladness that life is full and useful, or it can be a reason for me to complain. "This is the way I see it."

An unexpected intrusion can be a source of irritation that my agenda was interrupted, or it can quite possibly be the most important thing I encounter that day. "This is the way I see it."

An error can be the beginning of a new learning or an occasion to berate myself. "This is the way I see it."

Holidays can be times of anxiety and stress or times to seek solitude and contentment. "This is the way I see it."

It's not always about what is happening to me -- it's about the way I see it.

Marcel Proust observed that "the real voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." It's the way we see it.

From Lifesupport.

Lifesigns Life Quotes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails