Thursday, April 26, 2007

WON'T POWER

Market alleyway life quote- “The market is not an invention of capitalism. It has existed for centuries. It is an invention of civilization.”

A certain man was on a diet to lose weight. He even changed routes to work in order to avoid a particular bakery, which displayed scrumptious looking pastries in its window. But one day he arrived at the office carrying a beautiful, large coffee cake. His colleagues teased him about slipping off the diet.

In reply, he smiled and said, "Today I accidentally drove by the bakery and looked in the window and saw a host of goodies. Now, I felt it was no accident, so I prayed, `Lord, if you want me to have one of these delicious coffee cakes, let me find a parking space in front of the bakery.' And sure enough, the eighth time around the block, there it was!"

Sometimes "will power" is simply "won't power." It's about finding the inner power to say, "I won't continue in this behavior or attitude."

Self-discipline is an essential part of building a whole and healthy life. Do you need to say, "I won't" to something that is holding you back today?

From Lifesupport.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails