Saturday, August 23, 2008

A HUGE HELPING OF GOOD NEWS FOR LIFE

Iron baggage trolleys - “Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold”

Have you had a large helping of good news lately?

A woman called her pastor. "We just won $100 million in the lottery!" she exclaimed. "But I'm afraid to tell my husband. He has a weak heart and I'm afraid he may have a heart attack. Pastor, would you be able to tell him for me?" she asked.

The clergyman thought that perhaps he could, so he came right over and sat down with the man. "What would you do," he began, "if you were to win $500,000 in the lottery?"

"My wife could quit her job and I could work less and relax more," the man said.

"What would you do if you were to win one million dollars in the lottery?" the pastor asked.

"If I were to win that much we could both retire," the man said. "Life would be good."

The pastor forged on. "Well, what would you do if you were to win five million dollars?"

"We could do anything we wanted!" he exclaimed. "We could travel, live anywhere in the world and enjoy a life we never dreamed we could live!"

Finally the clergyman got to it. "Tell me...what would you do if you won ten million dollars in the lottery?"

"Ten million dollars? Why, if I ever won that much, Pastor, I'd give half of it to you and the church!"

The pastor had a heart attack. Too much of a good thing?

Most news, good and bad, does not come served in such large helpings. But that's OK ... there is plenty of good news available in smaller portions to keep me satisfied. A day nibbling on bite-sized bits of encouragement and kindnesses from others, as well as passing it along, can fill my life so full that I lose appetite for the negative.

It's a diet for health and happiness.

From Lifesupport.

Lifesigns Life Quotes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails