Thursday, May 31, 2007

THOSE YOU TOUCH...YOU CHANGE

Cityscape - “It is better for a city to be governed by a good man than by good laws.”

Did you know that your money likely has traces of cocaine on it?

A study by Jack Demirgian of the Argonne National Laboratory revealed that a full 78% of the currency circulating in Miami and other major US cities carries trace amounts of cocaine.

They were only looking for cocaine, but I wonder what else might be found on the bills? Fast-food products, no doubt, such as French fry grease, mustard, soft drink residue and coffee. And how about rouge or lipstick from purses and lint from pockets? I've seen everything from ink to oil on money that has come my way, and more indistinguishable stains than I care to remember.

And if they look closely enough, they can even tell something about where that money has been! To the store. To the beach. Even hidden beneath a mattress.

Just about anything that comes into contact with money leaves a bit of itself behind. Then, when the bills rub up against each other in a wallet or billfold, they share contaminates. Everything the bills touch is changed, however slightly.

So it is with us. Everybody you and I speak to, rub shoulders with or even smile at...is changed. These changes can be helpful or hurtful, depending on our interaction. And even little changes can make a difference. NO ONE is insignificant in this regard.

Bette Reeves said, "If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." I will surely affect everybody I encounter - one way or another. And they will affect me. I will leave a bit of myself behind, and take a little piece of them with me. Everybody.

There is something awe-inspiring about the influence we have on one another. In your daily contacts, what will you leave behind, and what will you take with you?

From Lifesupport.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails