Tuesday, May 27, 2008

PRACTICING PATIENCE FOR LIFE

Pretty maroon flowers - “As a lotus flower is born in water, grows in water and rises out of water to stand above it unsoiled, so I, born in the world, raised in the world having overcome the world, live unsoiled by the world”

"I grew up with six brothers," says comedian Bob Hope. "That's how I learned to dance, waiting to get into the bathroom."

Patience may not come easily for you. But whether or not you share a bathroom with others, you can get plenty of practice. We're presented daily with amply opportunity to learn patience.

After moving to the city. I grew impatient with the bumper-to-bumper traffic. I decided to keep a harmonica in the glove compartment, along with a beginner's book. When traffic was held up, I took out my harmonica and played. I figured I could either practice patience or practice the harmonica. The harmonica seemed like more fun. My patience still needs practice, but the harmonica is coming along.

Benjamin Franklin learned that persistence and patience were crucial to the success of his scientific experiments. He once said, "Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience." So he practiced patience.

You can be a genius...just be patient! All it takes is practice.

From Lifesupport.

Lifesigns Life Quotes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience, Patience...I guess that's what I am lacking. I always see myself impatient on everything. I am not sure why but I guess I have a bad Emotional Quotient. But I am trying my hardest to be more patient, to be more mature at my age, and to be a good person. I guess that's more important, huh?

lifesignx said...

metropolismom, in this day and age, being patient is a luxury for most. With little time most of us have to spare in this modern fast paced world of ours, I think we all must make an effort to practice patience. For in the end, patience will do a lot of good for us in our daily lives.

Lifesigns Life Quotes

miracle said...

I think when we have patience,it helps us relieve our stress and makes what we are waiting for worthwhile in the end:).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails