Thursday, July 9, 2009

CARS AND AUTOMOBILES IN LIFE

I drive a 1980’s Subaru station wagon and that car has been in the family for as long as I can remember. It’s a trusty old car, but it does get cranky and start acting up every once in a while – especially when it rains. Over the years, however, I have grown accustomed to its temperament (the break down and overheating, especially) but there are times when I just can’t help but toy with the idea of trading in the car for something newer – and better.

I think what stops me from doing just that is plain ol’ sentimental value. Like I said, the car has been in the family for quite some time now and parting with the car is simply easier said than done.

Now that I’ve decided to keep the car AND buy a new one, I would have to save up for some time before that happens. Having said that, I’ve been eyeing several models for some time now and I’ve narrowed it down to these four:

My first choice is the toyota prius. Having driven a Japanese car for over a decade, my partiality to a Japanese make is owed to none other than familiarity, and of course the oh-so-famous Japanese efficiency.

I’m torn between that and the gmc sierra. I’ve always wanted to own a pick up truck. I think the 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid is mighty sweet.

Oh, have any of you guys seen the 2010 lincoln mkt review? Mean, flamboyant and classy. The reviews have been pretty decent on this one. A bit on the pricey side though.

My last pick is of course the statement-making cadillac. I don’t have any particular model in mind – as long as it’s a cadillac, I’m sold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails