Monday, April 19, 2010

LEGACY OF LOVE FOR LIFE

Papercraft Macbook Pro ultrathin notebook computer - “Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards. When people ask me what really changed my life eight years ago, I tell them that absolutely the most important thin was changing what I demanded of myself. I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming.”

A friend once told me of a caring and much-loved school nurse who died. She was well known by the faculty and students, as she had been there 35 years. When the principal an­nounced her death to the children, many of them began to cry.

To help ease their grief, the school coun­selor had a group of children draw a picture of what the nurse meant to them. One child filled in her pa­per with red. "This is her heart," she ex­plained. "It's too big for the paper."

At her funeral her friends and family clapped and celebrated her life. She left behind a great legacy of love.

How will you be remembered? What leg­acy will you leave behind?

Toward the end of his life, Elton Trueblood made this observation: "At the age of 93, I am well aware that I do not have many years to live. Conse­quently, I try very hard to live my remaining years in such a manner that I really make a difference in as many lives as pos­sible. How do I want to be re­membered? Not pri­marily as a Christian scholar, but rather as a lov­ing person. This can be the goal of every individ­ual. If I can be re­membered as a truly loving per­son, I shall be satis­fied."

After you are gone, people may forget most of what you have done. But they will remem­ber whether you loved them.

From Lifesupport.

Lifesigns Life Quotes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails