Wednesday, April 23, 2008

NUMBER CRUNCHING BEGONE

I’ve always had this idea in my head, that non-profit organizations are run by a bunch of guys who have proper day jobs. That is until recently, when a friend of mine approached me to ask if I know of any Nonprofit Fund Accounting Software. He works for a non-profit organization, you see. And it is thanks to this guy that I used to think that people who work for non-profit organization don’t exactly do work. Anyway, it’s a long story. Besides, hearing the words Fund Accounting Software come out from the guy’s mouth is enough to convince me that he means business.

I didn’t know of any Fund Accounting Software myself; to suggest that he use the good ol’ ledger book instead, is to court a silent treatment of at least a year. Yes, he can be a real annoying pain like that.

So off I went, in my quest for the ultimate Fund Accounting Software. I figured I’d throw in a search for Fundraising Software, just in case. There are a couple of them out there like Serenic Navigator, Sage MIP Fund Accounting and Kintera FundWare, but I wouldn’t know if they are best suited to my friend’s organization’s needs.

Good thing there are firms like JMT Consulting Group. These guys would match the fund accounting and fundraising software applications to fit the requirements of an organization. It not only takes the guesswork out of the task of landing on a software purchase, but it saves a whole lot of money for the organization in the long run too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails